Your HVAC system is the heart of your home and maintenance and cleaning is the key to keeping your system running at peak performance. Annually maintaining your equipment will not only ensure proper operation but will also give you peace of mind.
Most insurance companies and all furnace manufacturers recommend that you complete an annual service and safety inspection on your equipment. To keep your warranty valid both with KamCity Mechanical and with Lennox you are required to do a service and safety check once a year.
As part of our 25 point inspection our technician will check for any potentially dangerous gas and carbon monoxide leaks in the home. They will also check for parts that may potentially fail and give you our expert recommendation. This can help avoid a potential failure in the coldest or hottest days of the year.
Call us today to arrange for your annual maintenance on your furnace, heat pump or air conditioner. For your furnace, air conditioner or heat pump, we will perform an inspection and tune up for $149.00 plus GST. For a furnace and heat pump/air conditioner combination we will perform an inspection and tune up on both appliances for $243.00 plus GST. Note: A maintenance service can only be performed if everything on the unit is in proper working order.
Interested in a discounted rate on your annual service and repairs? Take a look at our KamCity Annual Maintenance Program.
Our 25 point furnace inspection and tune-up checklist follows:
- Test for carbon monoxide in the furnace room and at registers
- Test the gas pilot safety system
- Check for combustion/ventilation air supply
- Test for gas leaks within the furnace downstream of appliance shut-off valve
- Check for hazardous material
- Inspect thermostat-clean if necessary
- Visually inspect heat exchanger if accessible
- Clean & check main burners if accessible
- Vacuum burner vestibule
- Check blower operation
- Check & adjust condition, tension and alignment of fan belt and pulleys
- Check motor and fan condition
- Lubricate fan and motor bearings as required
- Inspect filters or electronic air cleaner-advise customer as to condition
- Check pilot and clean if necessary
- Check electrical controls' wiring
- Examine flue and vent connectors where visible
- Test operation for safety limits
- Check condition of visual portions of vented systems including exhaust and intake terminals
- Check operation of vent or blower
- Test pressure switches
- Check operation of vent damper (if applicable)
- Test operation of system ignition
- Check condition of condensate line/pump
- Check secondary heat exchanger
Our Heat Pump/Air Conditioner inspection & tune-up checklist follows:
- Test safety controls
- Test starting capabilities
- Check electrical connections
- Check thermostat calibration
- Inspect filters-advise customer as to condition
- Monitor refrigerant pressure
- Measure for correct airflow
- Measure volts/amps
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean evaporator coil if accessible
- Clean condenser coil
- Clean condensate drains
- Check & adjust gas pressure
- Measure temperature difference
- Monitor A/C and heating cycles
Call Us Now
KamCity Annual Maintenance Program.
Participate in our Home Smart Planned Maintenance Program and you will not only receive a 10% discount on your annual service, you will save 10% on all repair parts during the agreement period. Other benefits of the program include:
- You will avoid paying after hour rates for emergency service dispatches on evenings and weekends during the agreement period.
- Get to front of the line. Home Smart Planned Service members are guaranteed that we will be there within 24hrs of your call or our dispatch fee will be waived.
- 5% off on all new equipment installation: air conditioning, heat pumps, furnaces, indoor air quality products as well as hot water tanks.
We will perform one inspection/tune-up per year per appliance on the maintenance agreement. Please email or call for current pricing.
Sign Up for our Maintenance Program